Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tardis Geekery

This post is not historical at all. And not about theatre or truly even knitting (although it does connect to that tangentially). No, this is shamelessly showing off the cool thing I made. If you don't watch Dr. Who (in which case what planet are you on?!) you won't get the full awesomeness of the geekery involved in this project. It is a double point knitting needle holder themed on the Tenth Doctor. I even got special print on fabric so that I could print out the Tardis Police Call Box signs and the surprise Doctor image on the inside. No iron on was used in the making of this. It is all layered appliques with quilted designs for contouring the Tardis panels.
It was made as a gift though, so it is enjoying its new home somewhere in time and space away from me. Although, I may have had just enough scraps left over to make a second, similarly themed project...
 


No comments: